Thursday, November 12, 2009

JYP: "If Jaebum Is Willing To Return, I Will Help..."




Park Jin Young speaks up officially about 2PM's Jaebum for the first time on MBCs's "Golden Fishery".

On the November 11th episode of "Golden Fishery", Park Jin Young said, “If Jaebum comes back, he will return as part of 2PM, of course. It will not be a solo comeback.”

MC Kang Ho Dong then asked, “Did you have to send Jaebum off to America in such a rush?” and Park Jin Young replied, “When Jaebum’s case was exposed, it was put under great criticism. And when he returned to the States, suddenly public opinion was, ‘Was there a mistranslation?’ and that he did not do any wrong. The answer is in-between.”


He continued, “Even though it was not like it was a mistake, it was not like it wasn’t a mistake as well. Someone who is responsible for part of the culture or has nothing to do with our culture should not be receiving the criticisms.”

“Jaebum is not a bad child. Back then, he was going through a tough time and was not motivated at all. He even said to me, "If it is not Park Jin Young’s song, I am confident of success." But I like it that he does not lie. Jaebum has been changing and the Jaebum now is very different from the Jaebum then. The Jaebum back then caused hurt to many Koreans, but the Jaebum now is very embarrassed by what he has done and does not want to burden the group as the leader, so he has decided to leave. If it was me, I would have done the same.”

Kang Ho Dong then asked, “As the company, shouldn’t you stop him?” Park Jin Young said, “He did wrong, and on his own, he thought that he did wrong. If you care about Jaebum... I think that public opinion and fans should leave him be. He will know that everyone cares, but leave him to be for now.”

Finally, he said, “The thing that I can do is be help as a singing and dance teacher to help him keep his standards as a singer up during this resting period. When he is willing to return on to the stage, I will help him willingly. If Jaebum is to return, he will return as 2PM and not solo. Jaebum, the other members and myself, will not want a solo comeback.”


Credits: Osen

Another article (for better understanding of JYP’s words)
Park Jin Young’s words:


“If you all care about Jaebum... fans and public opinion should leave him alone. It will be of help to give Jaebum some time. During this time when Jaebum rests, what I can do is to meet him in Seattle as a singing and dance teacher to make sure that he does not rust as a singer. And I will help him out if he wants to return to perform onstage again.”

“He really loves the other six 2PM members. So if he returns, of course he will return as part of 2PM. To come back solo... Jaebum himself and the 2PM members would not want it.”

And about the Myspace incident which had caused an outrage in the Korean society, “I feel that the criticisms for Jaebum’s case have been exaggerated. There was even a petition for suicide. But to say that he is escaping back to the States is exaggerated mistranslation. I want to say that he left without doing any wrong. If I was him, I would think the same. 'Even though it was not a mistake, I would not be able to continue promotions coolly'."

“For someone who does art, he also plays the role of connecting cultures. It is wrong to criticize other people or culture. It was wrong of Jaebum to use such an expression. Jaebum was not a bad child. He was a very good kid. Only, back then, it was very tough for him. He was very unmotivated back then. He even said, "If it is not Park Jin Young’s song, I have confidence to do well." But Jaebum is not one to lie. And he still does not. And that is the most important thing. Jaebum has been changing and the Jaebum now is not the same as the Jaebum then.”

“Before he changed, he did caused hurt to the Korean society as a whole. I cannot deny that it was a bad expression made by him. Jaebum knew that it was his mistake and told me he cannot go onstage anymore. So as not to cause burden/harm to the rest of the members, he decided to leave for the States. If I was Jaebum, I’d do the same.”


Credit: Newsen & K Bites
* Hmmm.... no comment but the Tired of Waiting song... I've been repeating the same song ever since it came out... and I can't help but think again... wasn't that Jaebum voice... the way he sing there is no way others can do that... whatever... just keep whising ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment