Monday, January 10, 2011

My Thought on 'Mary Stay Out All Night aka Marry Me, Mary!'



Credit Video: SkyOfLov3


I'm back to my own cave now... and finally I can do what I do, what I want, what I like and what I missed a lot... after a long 8 days trip this is what I've been wanting to do... telling you what I think about 'Mary Stay Out All Night'.

Just like I always do let's take a look at the line of cast and synopsis of the story...

Synopsis

Wi Mae Ri is the cheerful, pragmatic daughter of a failed businessman who had grown used to being constantly on the move to escape from debtors. She becomes fast friends with the free-spirited indie singer Kang Moo Kyul when she nearly ran him over in a car. Meanwhile, her father Wi Dae Han is saved from his debtors by his old friend, Jung Suk, who had just returned from considerable success in the Japanese entertainment industry. Jung Suk, who had harboured a secret love for Mae Ri’s mother, sets up a deal with Dae Han to have Mae Ri marry his son, Jung In. In her desperate to escape this predicament, Mae Ri begs Moo Kyul to pose as her husband, and finds herself in even more trouble than before when her father proposes a 100-day period in which she has to divide her time equally between Moo Kyul and Jung In, after which she has to decide who to marry.


Note

-  Based on the internet comic “Maerineun Uibakjoong” by Won Soo Yeon.
- “Maerineun Uibakjoong” was first published online via cartoon.media.daum.net on February 6, 2009. It     
   was then published as comic book on November 24, 2009
- Won Soo Yeon also wrote the manhwa “Full House” which was adapted into the 2004 KBS drama “Full 
   House”.
- Writer In Eun Ah left the drama due to the drama’s low ratings and discord with the production team. She 
   was replaced with Go Bong Hwang who took over the script from episode 11.


credit synopsis & source : Koreandrama.org



The cast:

Moon Geun Young as Wi Mae Ri

Jang Geun Suk as Kang Mu Gyul

Kim Jae Wook as Byun Jung In

Kim Hyo Jin as Seo Joon

Park Joon Gyu as Jung Suk (Jung In’s father)

Park Sang Myun as Wi Dae Han (Mae Ri’s father)

Lee Ah Hyun as Kam So Young (Moo Kyul’s mother)

Shim Yi Young (심이영) as Director Bang

Lee Sun Ho as Lee An

Kim Min Gyu (김민규) as Ri No

Geum Ho Suk (금호석) as Yo Han

Park Chul Hyun (박철현) as Re Oh

Kim Hae Rim (김해림) as Ji Hye

Lee Eun as So Ra








































































My Thought:

Overall it was good! will I recommending this to you? of coz I am... if you're teenager you'll definitely love it... and if you're not you still love it... but if you're into much more serious kind of drama... just go watch something else... and if you're wondering if this is good than why is the rating kind of low? you better skip all the numbers you've seen before... the rating doesn't give you the real story....

What I like about this drama is the way the story goes... it balanced well with the feelings... it give you a second thought on everything... relationship, marriage, love, friendship, family, loyalty...  I'm watching it with an open heart... I don't expect much, I don't put my hope high to the sky... all I do is watch and enjoy it. For me to like this kind of drama means I'm not calculating and observing really hard. 

Well of coz watching this drama give me another second thought... maybe Mae Ri should just proceed marrying Jung In... why not? he's perfect, rich, good looking, reliable, super cute sometimes, and nice... well of coz that's when my brain doing so much calculating on everything... that's my second thought.

Jang Geun Suk as a rockstar... hmm he is good looking, he can sing and that's cool... but there is a moment where he failed to convince me that he is a rockstar...not even his long hair. Than what makes me like Mu Gyul? he remind me of my ex... hahaha. Well who will not fall for Mu Gyul? he's good looking, plus he's a singer, he's tall, he can compose a song what else... he's perfect! Looking at him and Mae Ri being so lovey dovey just too much for me hahaha... both were so sweet! oh well Jang Geun Suk is such a player hahaha he makes people think he really are in love with who ever he act with...

I wonder if getting married in such young age is a trend now but Mae Ri look too young for me, her character sometimes makes me confused coz she just don't act like her age. But well I don't have problem with people who talk, smile or walk like Mae Ri... but I have problems with people talking about marriage at such young age... emmm jealous maybe hahaha.

Kim Jae Wook as Jung In is definitely look good but sometimes awkward too... I don't know why but he just look awkward... but still look good.... on my normal state of mind if I were Mary... I'll choose him... why? because he's rich? No because he loves Mary. But of coz there is a moment when he just off that feelings which makes me once again think Mu Gyul is the one... aaah Mary is having a hard time... now I know ^^

There is another things that I like... their friendship...  Mae Ri friends and Mu Gyul Friends were cool. They've become friend in no time. They click so well which helps so much in one relationship... 

Overall I just like 'Mary Stay Out All Night!' Even when I'm complaining to such and such things... still I can't deny it... I am having a great moment watching them.

The OST is awesome... the storyline is great, the cast is perfect! 
What can I say... They're just ROCK!

2 comments:

  1. definitely agreed!
    but, i still want mae-ri with jung-in though.. >,<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary should choose Jung-in, let Mugyeol stay with me LOL kidding

    ReplyDelete