Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Han Ye Seul Returns to Korea: “I Would Like to Believe I Did the Right Thing”





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Han Ye Seul, who left Korea on Monday in an apparent move to boycott further filming of her drama “Myung Wol the Spy,” has returned to the country in less than 48 hours. Wearing the same outfit and cap she wore in LA on Tuesday, the embattled actress arrived at Incheon Airport around 5:10 PM KST and addressed the media that greeted her with a barrage of questions.

“I wish I could start all over again,”
Han Ye Seul said with tears in her voice. “I just wanted the people in Korea to understand the poor working conditions…I didn’t want to see another victim like me, but I do think it was my fault to cause so much trouble to the entire cast and staff members,” she said.

But she was clear with her stance on this issue, as she said, “I realized nothing would improve unless I took the action I did, so I would like to believe I did the right thing. I made the decision amid extreme stress and fear, and I’m sure there are people who would understand my position. I expect to take a lot of heat and criticism for my decision, but I do hope the people in this industry would take this chance to look back at themselves.”

After briefly addressing the press, Han Ye Seul declined to answer any further questions and left the airport with her staff members.

Han Ye Seul has refused to participate in the filming of KBS drama “Myung Wol the Spy” since August 14th. Her boycott resulted in KBS airing a special episode with condensed highlights of the past 10 episodes on August 15th. It was later reported that she left for Los Angeles where her parents reside, as she briefly spoke to Korean media upon arrival on Tuesday that she had “given up on everything.” On Tuesday afternoon, KBS announced that they would replace the lead actress of “Myung Wol the Spy” but shortly after, Han Ye Seul and her agency released a statement apologizing for her act and expressing her intention to return to Korea as soon as possible.
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
* I was glad she's back. Even glad she clarified everything. Simple statement but meaningful... well unless you block your head and heart... you won't understand her. 
 
Anyway, she's back and Myung Wol will be back in action and I can't wait for the next episode.
 
Han Ye Seul... Fighting!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment