Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MC Mong: “I Probably Am a Dead Man Already”

























On Oct. 19, MC Mong, the embattled rapper who all but vanished from public view following the alleged military dodging scandal, gave his final defense at the fourth hearing of the trial at the Seoul Central Court.

MC Mong started out by saying, “As the past year went by, being guilty or not guilty became meaningless to me. It’s been very hard for me as well as my family members…I love being around people, but because of the scandal, I didn’t step out of my house at all the past year. I can’t even make eye contact with people anymore. I probably am a dead man already. I don’t know how much more I have to reveal myself to make people believe me. Everything is my fault and I regret everything.”

He also revealed that his father is visually impaired, continuing to say, “Just like my father, I’m suffering from glaucoma, so I just thought I didn’t necessarily have to enlist in the military. I’m also a bit slow to these things and so didn’t get any eye treatment.”

To close out his statement, MC Mong said, “I have no intention of returning to the entertainment industry, nor do I dream of producing music in the future. I just want to lead a normal life. For the rest of my life, I will do volunteer work and publicly apologize my wrongdoings.”

MC Mong has been charged for intentionally extracting teeth in order to avoid the two-year mandatory military service in Korea. He was initially given a six-month jail sentence, one year probation, and 120 hours of public service. Meanwhile, the prosecutors demanded a two year sentence for MC Mong at today’s trial. MC Mong’s attorneys, however, rejected the demand. The next hearing will take place on Nov. 16.



Source: Soompi


p/s: I still hope Mc Mong will return :( it must be hard for him to not doing what he love the most...
I must be lack of judgement if I refuse someone talented as him... hmmm

0 comments:

Post a Comment